Maserati Mistral 3700 Coupé
manufactured May 1965
first registered in 1967
3.7 litre 5-speed
chassis no 109-388
matching numbers engine verified
sold at the RM Sothebys “Open Roads, The European Summer Auction” 22. July 2020
The Maserati Mistral (Tipo AM109) is a two seater gran turismo produced between 1963 and 1970. The successor to the 3500 GT, it was styled by Frua and bodied by Maggiora of Turin. A total of 828 coupés and 125 Spyders were built. Mistral is the last model to have the company’s renowned twin-spark, double overhead cam straight six engine. Fitted to the Maserati 250F Grand Prix cars, it won 8 Grand Prix between 1954 and 1960 and one F1 World Championship in 1957 driven by Juan Manuel Fangio. The engine featured hemispherical combustion chambers fed by a Lucas indirect fuel injection system, a new development for Italian car manufacturers.
According to a facsimile message from Maserati SpA Records Department, dated February 1994;
exterior colour Black/Nero (Salchi 20B50)
interior leather Senape (Connolly PAC1775)
first sold in to Dr San Pietro in Milan Italy
Bought to Finland via Sweden in early 90’s. Same owner since 1999 when first registered in Finland.
Excellent condition with recent change of colour back to original black and new leather upholstery.
Mechanically excellent, with overhauled and fully working Lucas fuel injection.
Delivered with the set of Borrani wire wheels in the pictures, as well as two Campagnolo alloys, one of which is now used as the spare wheel.
Unfortunately three more Campagnolos are now misplaced, hopefully they will be found again soon.
05/1965 date of manufacture, delivery to first owner Dr Sanpietro in Milan, Italy
05/1968 imported to Sweden
11/1970 insurance Skandia, ownership change Mr H Knutsson, Götene SE, reg no N 68482
03/1971 insurance Skandia SE
05/1971 owner Mr R Wingstrand, Gothenburg SE, reg no OA 932
11/1971 deregistered in Göteborg & Bohus Län, SE, reg no R 91552
1971 registered in Göteborgs och Bohus Län, SE, reg no OA 932
o5/1973 change of owner Mr S Kjellberg, Lidingö SE, reg no DFS592
o2/1974 change of owner Mr G Bergenvik, Vällingby SE
10/1974 change of owner Mr T Berg, Huskvarna SE
o8/1975 change of owner Mr J Tallberger, Sundsvall SE
10/1975 change of owner Mr L Rudberg, Stockholm SE
10/1975 change of owner Mr H Norlin, Älvsjö SE
04/1978 change of owner Mr J-Å Nilsson, Solna SE
04/1979 change of owner Mr S-Å Dahlström, Spånga SE
04/1982 change of owner Mr A Hansson, Falköping SE
06/1985 change of owner Mrs V Karlsson, Fristad SE
05/1989 change of owner Mr G Klavins, Eskilstuna SE
10/1993 change of owner Mr J Molin, Jakobstad FI
1999 change of owner, present owner
06/2000 date of registration in Finland
10/2001 MOT/TÜV roadworthiness inspection
03/2003 MOT/TÜV roadworthiness inspection
04/2003 inspected and registered as historic vehicle
04/2008 MOT/TÜV roadworthiness inspection
08/2015 MOT/TÜV roadworthiness inspection, 67598 kms
06/2017 MOT/TÜV roadworthiness inspection, 68123 kms
05/2020 MOT/TÜV roadworthiness inspection, 68172 kms
next MOT 5/2024