Jaguar E-type Roadster
1965 Series I
3.8 litre XK engine
dark blue / tan leather
Finnish (EU) historic registration
price on request
Introduced in 1961, the E-type caused a sensation when it appeared, with instantly classic lines and 240 km/h (150 mph) top speed.
Registered in Finland in 1994, this E-type Roadster was imported from California as a project.
Fully restored by 2001 for a former chairman of the Finnish Jaguar Drivers’ Club, according to his wishes for enjoyment and maximum useability, using the best available upgrades of the time;
– fitted with 3.8 litre engine rebuilt by well-known VSE Jaguar engine specialists in the UK to “VS02” 300 bhp specification, with many options including oil cooler kit, complete Getrag 5-speed gearbox assembly with heavy duty clutch kit, propshaft and tuned stainless steel big bore exhaust with 6-branch manifold
– aluminium radiator
– new suspension with Koni adjustable shock absorbers
– upgraded brake discs and stainless steel calipers
– wider wire wheels and XJ spec 205/70 low profile tyres
– full respray, new custom leather upholstery with contrasting piping, rechrome, soft top etc.
In 2015 the cylinder head was again rebuilt due to accidental head gasket failure and new clutch assembly fitted, at cost of 12000 Eur. Coolant upgraded to Evans waterless.
The front subframe has been replaced with one from a 1963 fixed-head coupé during the restoration and the car is EU/Finland registered with that chassis number.
The present owner acquired the E-type in 2003 and has taken the car on long European trips including as far as Southern Croatia gathering admiration wherever it goes and never missing a beat.
Always garaged and regularly serviced since the restoration, this mechanically and cosmetically excellent early E-type represents a great opportunity for enjoying the “better-than-new” E-type experience at a fraction of the cost of the famous Eagle E-types. Having recently driven this car again, it feels just as fast and tight as it did when I first drove it 15 years ago. No rattles or squeaks on any surface and the handling is simply fantastic.
Service and MOT/TÜV inspection in June 2018.
Registered as a Historic Vehicle.
Located in Finland (EU) 30 mins from Helsinki airport.
Worldwide shipping, always for best available rates. Please note all viewings are by appointment only.